Corporate Social Responsibility &
At The Clubhouse we take our corporate social responsibility & environmental policy very seriously. These policies reflect the strongly held values of our company and team. As we expand, we take great care in developing and nurturing these policies to ensure we have as positive an impact of the world around us as possible.
- The Clubhouse is a proud supporter of The Peter Jones Foundation – established by Peter Jones CBE in 2005 with the vision to encourage educate and empower young people to achieve their potential. As a growing business ourselves and home to over 400 growing companies which are member of The Clubhouse, it is natural fit to work with The Peter Jones Foundation and the Foundation for Enterprise in order to help improve the socio-economic outcomes for young people by equipping them with enterprise skills that improve their life chances, whatever path they choose. We do this by donating £1 from every meeting room booking at The Clubhouse, which should result in a donation of £10,000 by the end of 2018.
- The Clubhouse is committed to providing to all employees the best possible work life experience regardless of age, gender, nationality, culture or personal characteristics. Diversity and inclusion is at the cornerstone of our culture and a fundamental component of our overall growth strategy.
- We are committed to providing adequate adjustments to the way we work and our spaces for employees, members or guests with special needs.
- It is important for us to engage and develop our entire team, promoting internally as much as possible and working to ensure gender equality in leadership and operational positions.
- We build awareness and identify new opportunities to increase generational representation and a culture of effective working relationships across generations.
- We strive to ensure that our workforce reflects the diversity of our members and clients and are are proud of our diverse multicultural team which is drawn from 12 different nationalities and cultures.
- We foster an inclusive environment in which Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender employees, members and guests can “bring their whole selves to work.”
- The Clubhouse works to reduce the environmental impacts of all locations, promote sustainable sourcing practices and optimise natural resource consumption.
- We separate and recycle all waste where possible: paper, cardboard, packaging, plastic, glass, toner cartridges and food waste.
- Our contract cleaners only use environmentally friendly cleaning products, use energy efficient cleaning equipment, use low emission vehicles to reduce the impact on the environment as much as possible.
- We occupy premium properties where we monitor utility consumption recognising that sustainability is important for all stakeholders in our business. All of our buildings are certified BREEAM ‘Excellent’ – meaning that the buildings are very sustainable environments that enhance the well-being of the people who work in them and help protect natural resources. https://www.breeam.com/
- In addition:
- The Clubhouse, Mayfair at 50 Grosvenor Hill incorporates a ground source heat pump, chilled beams and a green roof.
- The Clubhouse, Bank at One Angel Court surpasses the 2010 Part 2A minimum requirements regarding CO2 emissions by 25% and with state-of-the art BMS energy monitoring to fully interrogate and optimise energy use.
- All the buildings we occupy contribute to the CRC Efficiency Scheme
- Every Clubhouse is located close to key underground stations reducing the need for travel by car for staff, members and guests.
- We only work with local catering suppliers to minimise the environmental impact of deliveries and reduce food waste by ordering from our partners daily or on an as needed basis.
- We only use sustainably sourced Tea and Coffee
- Almost all of our catering orders are delivered by bike: quick, quiet and pollution-free.
- We do not offer disposable cups, crockery, cutlery as part of our commitment to reducing waste.